Meghan Markle Breaks Her Silence! Says Father Will Not Attend The Royal Wedding

Meghan Markle has spoken!

The former actress, who is set to marry Prince Harry this weekend, says that her father Thomas Markle will not be walking her down the aisle.

In a statement released through Kensington Palace, she said, “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.”

As previously reported, Thomas suffered a heart attack a week ago and checked himself out of the hospital in order to attend the royal wedding. There was also a bit of “bad air” surrounding Thomas as it was revealed that he staged several photoshoots with a paparazzi agency that would capture him getting ready ahead of the wedding.

“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support,” Meghan said Thursday. “Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”

“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and for respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation,” a palace spokesperson said  this week when the news hit of Thomas’ health.

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook